Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 17 September 2012

Addicted to sugar

I know the dangers of sugar and high fat foods. The more you eat, the more you crave. I have been on a major sugar crave lately. It's even gotten to the point that I am back to being able to stomach the sweetness of a double double from Tims. I had weaned myself off of those. I would 1 tsp of honey in my coffee instead (or less), or 1 sugar and I was ok with it. Then I noticed the more sugar I started having again and the double double isn't overly sweet to me anymore. Dangerous. Very dangerous.

Added to that is that I love to bake. My bf has the buddha belly to attest to that, lol. And no, I don't focus on things like you'd see on skinnytaste.com. Think more Paula Deen. Sugar. Oil. White flour. I shudder inwardly just thinking about it. My in-laws are still here and I find myself making tasty, sugar and fat laden treats because it makes me happy when people enjoy my food. Then I eat them. It'll be easier when they leave, but I should really get a handle on it now.

I need to get myself back off of the processed sugar. It makes me crash, and it makes me jiggly, which in turn makes me unhappy.

I've done it before and I was ok. It wasn't that bad. I picked up some fresh fruit and greek yogurt for snacks. That's the only source of sweetness I need.

Time to prepare dinner. Not sure what yet. I thought the inlaws would be here so we'd have tagine or something. Turns out they went to the brother's house for the next couple days, so I'll do something else :) While it's simmering or whatever, I'll get in a quick JM workout. It's nice to have the house to yourself once in a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment