Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 19 March 2012

WI 4

Down 2.8! Very excited with that. This means a number of things:

1) That's 7.4 lbs since I started on February 20th...that's just over 4 weeks
2) I get my first rose tomorrow :) One rose for every 5 lbs.
3) I am almost 1/3 of the way till goal :)

I also got to move 28 rocks from the pounds jar to the lost jar. That was a good feeling. There still isn't too much of a dent in the pounds jar, but the lost jar is starting to show :) (it also happens to be a smaller jar, but whatever).

I feel good. I don't have any desire to eat crappy food. That's pretty big for me. Even when I was full on weight watchers, I would still eat junk food. A lot of the time it was "oh, I deserve it" "it's just this once" "I have a week until I weigh in, it doesn't matter". The only real yearning I had was Red Lobster. Lobster Fest has been on, and those commercials are deadly. The bf is deadlier. We were heading for Thai food one night, and you have to bypass Red Lobster to get there. He was all like "oh, do you want to just get RL instead?" I admit, I panicked. I was torn. In the end I said no, I couldn't afford it (financially, when we go there it's always like $50+, and waist-wise). That's been the only really big temptation for me.

For the first time ever on this freaking long journey, I don't want the bad stuff. I eat pretty healthy and it feels really good. I'm getting smaller, and that feels good too. Getting into size 6 skinny jeans feels amazing. They are stretchy, and from Reitmans, but I'll take it. Having my bf call me beautiful, sexy, and hot, is frigging amazing. He said those things before, but it's nice all the same.

I'm also developing some new and better habits. I work out 5-6 times a week and it doesn't phase me. I don't feel like I am sacrificing anything like I did before. I think part of it is because I do 2 of those workouts with my trainer, so it doesn't even feel onerous...despite her throwing it at me every time I see her, lol. So it doesn't seem too hard to do the 3-4 cardio days. I'm also loving the Saturday work outs with the bf. Exercise used to be a chore for me. I hated it. It felt like work. But now, it just feels right. It feels normal, and that is so amazing. I had my run today. Another one at 5.0. I was going to add incline, but since Friday was the first day I did it without stopping, I wanted to just let it go today. I think I will add incline on Wednesday. Maybe even just for half of it. I'm ok with the speed. I'm not ready to bump it up yet. That gets too discouraging to be honest. Because I really struggle with upping the speed. So I am going to play with incline instead.

A week ago I was crying because things felt so far away. I felt like I was getting to that point where my metabolism slows down and I won't be able to lose weight like I did when I was 25. So right now I am thrilled that that doesn't appear to be the case. I lost 7.4 lbs in under 5 wks. That's 1.85 lbs a week. If I did that for 8 more weeks, I will have lost 22.2 lbs and be only 8 lbs away from goal. It makes things seem a little closer.

My trainer told me that we're going to aim for 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks. So that's a slightly slower pace and I know that she's gonna kill me to get me there. I say bring it on. I am finally ready to accept my success and I am so happy to have that realisation within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment