Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 5 March 2012

Shouldn't have Peeked

That'll teach me. I should know better. I've been doing this long enough to know that peeking is bad news. It usually sets you up for a fail. Usually this is what happens when you scale peek:

A) You're up, so you get prematurely depressed (despite the fact that you're probably not following your WI ritual and did it at a different time of day, etc.)
B) You're down and you get happy, till you get stressed about maintaining that till the actual WI
C) You're down, but not by what you wanted and again enter in stress about the actual WI

That's not healthy. I never used to be a multi-weigher. I think my scale can smell my desperation and fear, and like dogs and children, is reacting to it. That's my only explanation.

I was down 0.4 lbs today. The same as my peek on Saturday morning. A loss is a loss right? Ya, I know, but it's not really. Because I'm human, and most humans want to see greater rewards for any amount of effort that they put in. I think I honestly thought that I would lose a pound between Saturday and Monday. But, it's time to be realistic...was I really deserving of a big loss this week? I don't think so.

First, I had a big loss last week. So, like the 2nd week in Biggest Loser, a smaller loss is to be expected. Second, I had unlimited Swiss Chalet (meaning I didn't plan for it, I didn't adjust my daily intake to account for it, I just went free wheelin' essentially), and I had pizza. Twice. The first time is well documented in an earlier post, and I dealt with that decision last Friday. I was severely dehydrated the rest of the day. The second pizza incident was yesterday. Bf and I had gone to Cora's for brunch (had to stand in line outside in like -10 degrees for like 20 mins, but worth it!)...I had two poached eggs, a whole wheat english muffin, two turkey sausages (the small ones), fruit, and hashbrowns...I love cora's hashbrowns, but that's a big breakfast for me. So I wasn't interested in eating lunch till about 4 pm after I had gotten back from my run. We had pizza left over from Friday, so I warmed up 1 (ONE!! sorry, minor euphoria moment there cause that doesn't usually happen), and ate it with cut up veggies. It was completely balanced, but it still was on the outer ranges of healthy for me.

Third, I didn't get in the level of activity that I wanted. I worked out 5 times last week, but I think on my off days from my trainer I need to be doing more. I need to push myself more. On Friday I think I am going to try running for 30 mins. See what happens. I'll have to talk to my trainer tomorrow, but I feel like what I'm doing isn't enough.

Put it all together and at the size that I am, I don't think that 0.4 is unexplainable.

So my decision this week is to try and eat cleaner. I have a co-worker dinner on Wednesday, and Korean food on Saturday. But other than that, I should be able to have a better control on my nutrition. That's the key.

In other news, still sad for no apparent reason. Sigh...gotta love being a girl ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment