Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday 8 January 2012

Geared Up

Groceries are bought and portioned out (including making my own salad mix, cause I ain't paying like $5 for something pre-packaged that is more likely to go bad faster than putting it together myself), and meals are planned for the week. Workouts are also planned.

I downloaded Insanity. *gulp* No, wait, erase that and replace it with *yay!* cause I am not getting into the mindset that I can't do it. I can do it. I am strong (or will be!). With my freelance job gone, I have time for these workouts, and at like 45 mins a piece (or shorter) that's as much time as I would spend in the gym anyway. Trying to convince my bf to join me. He's in IT, so that should give you some indication of his musculature :) Don't get me wrong, the guy is small (aka, not chubby or anything)...but I can also pin him down and hold him with like one of my legs...so he could use some resistance training :) Uphill battle, but I'm trying.

It's time to be serious and to actually follow through with something! I have quit EVERYTHING I have ever tried...including WW. That isn't going to get me anywhere. I am getting a lot of inspiration from other bloggers, the WW boards, and this one friend on my FB who is a fitness nut. I love seeing her status updates. I want to be able to brag about my success, so I am going to do it.

Tomorrow is the Insanity fit test. Yes it looks killer (especially the move where you squat and then jump up into the air and slap your knees, that honestly may kill me), but I have done very similar things. This is all body weight, with a lot of intervals, heavy on the cardio, something I need. I have to do this...I need to do this. For me, finally, to not be so afraid of the success that can come when you actually put your mind to something and follow through.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment