Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday 14 August 2011

Busy weekend

Work is still stressful, but I am determined to be successful. Yesterday I had to do an overtime day by supervising the move of our building to a new location. Wasn't too much to do, just watched other people move things, lol. Then afterwards my ex-coworker and I went for a run down by the lake. OMG...running outside is HARD! I was feeling all confident cause I was able to run on the treadmill with an incline without feeling like I was going to die. Running outside is like 10X harder! My friend is a somewhat regular runner, so she pushed me, but I did end up running continuously for much longer than I was used to.

Apparently running is an acquired taste? I was starting to like it on the treadmill, not so sure of this outside business!  I have that 5K coming up in October, so I am going to keep at it. I figured out a schedule of running outside at least 1-2 times per week, and then the rest on the treadmill to get used to it. One other thing that I found, is that going slow felt way worse than going at a faster speed. Is that normal? It felt harder to keep going when I was going slow, harder to focus. Not sure why. I am going to try again this week and see what happens.

On another note...I am test driving Ramadan today. That sounds weird. But I said I would give it a try, and I am giving it a try. 7 more hours of trying. I am hungry. Not crazy hungry right now, but definitely the point where I would normally be chowing down pretty quickly. We have Iftar at his brother's today. We'll see how that goes.

Off to find something to do that doesn't require eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment