Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday 24 July 2011

Scheduling...

It's all about scheduling. Last week I had made a full meal plan to take into account the 3 nights a week that I am not home for dinner. The one flaw in my plan? I didn't go grocery shopping, so I didn't have the ingredients to make the yummy things I had planned, and I ABSOLUTELY refused to go the overpriced Sobey's in my building. Honestly, making healthy choices eating out is cheaper than that bloody store. I have been reading up on a lot of food plans, since it is very clear that I cannot do this on my own. I've read up on the 17 Day Diet which is far less gimmicky than it sounds, as well as the Dukan Diet (which is as gimmicky as it sounds). I don't like the sound of the Dukan Diet. I think it has fad written all over it. However, the 17 Day Diet is restrictive the way Herbal Magic is, but not as crazy as the Dukan Diet, and focuses on the healthy things our bodies need.

My major problem with these things is I get all gung ho, and then peter out. One major reason that I have identified is the obvious focus on vegetables and salads that these eating plans have and my complete abhorrance of salads and major dislike of vegetables. I cannot, and will not, eat a bloody salad for lunch or dinner. It is not satisfying, I end up only eating like 1/4 or 1/2 and then I am starving and I hit up like a McDonalds or something. Food, for me, has to be satisfying, in order to be filling. If I am not satisfied, no matter how much I eat, I will not be full. Now, with the 17 Day Diet, there is an emphasis on raw vegetables, which works for me...I like raw, and if I can pair that with tasty proteins, then maybe it will work.

How badly do I want this? Can I honestly give up the foods that are tasty, yes, but ultimately garbage for my body? I've gotten comfortable where I am. I can maintain my 145-ish weight with little to no difficulty. But I am still not within my healthy range. I have to make a conscious decision to stop making excuses. To change my mental attitude as I mentioned in an earlier post. I'm getting sick of my own whining, lol. I want to be able to post about my success on here, not just my re-starts!

My Meal Plan for the Week:

Sunday: Ok, this is not part of my healthy eating regime, but it looks like an awesome receipe :) Taglietelle with marscapone cheese and spinach with garlic bread (going out with a bang!)
Monday:
         *Lunch - Egg salad sandwich on 1 slice pumpkernickel bread, veg
         *Dinner - Roasted pepper and basil angel hair pasta
Tuesday:
         *Lunch - leftovers from dinner
         *Dinner - tuna casserole; greek salad
Wednesday:
         *Lunch - margerite pizza, veg
         *Dinner - Sandwich

That's all I have as of now...but the first three days are the hardest because they're the ones where I work 2 jobs...Thursday I actually have time to prepare things :)

Groceries...check....plan...check...success...CHECK!  : )

Happy Sunday

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a solid plan for the next week!

    I don't know anything about the 17 day diet, but Meg over at grandeskinnylatte.blogspot.com is going through it right now. Thought I'd mention that so you can check out her take on things if you haven't already, if you're looking for a bit of a WW perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a terrible attitude towards Vegetables that needs to change if you want to make a solid commitment to healthy living and a better lifestyle.

    With the right ingredients Salads can be satisfying. As a student, eating at home, on a vegetarian diet has proven to be much cheaper for me than eating out all the time like I used to.

    ReplyDelete