Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday 15 July 2011

Meals Planned and On Track

I actually have a free hour in my otherwise stupidly busy week, so I sat down and looked through my Eat Shrink & Be Merry cookbook and set up my dinners and lunches starting from Sunday to Friday. My schedule is a little crazy. I work full time until 4:30, and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I work again from usually 5:30 or 6 until 9, getting home between 9 and 9:30. So I am out of the house from 7:45am  until 9-ish. Makes it hard on the planning front because I am really bad at taking my WHOLE day's worth of food with me in the morning. I usually bring breakfast and lunch, and snacks, but I seem to have difficulty packing dinner as well.

So this week I made a concerted effort to plan meals that I could use as leftovers or were cold because my second job doesn't have a microwave. We'll see how it goes.

On the exercise front, I did work out this week, go me, lol :) The only way I can work out M-W is to do it in the morning, and that is proving incredibly difficult to do. Anybody else have extreme difficulty getting up at 6 am to work out??? I do. I used to do it...not sure how I managed. So, I need to work out at least 2 or three times from Thursday to Sunday. I hate working out on the weekends, but it's better than getting up at 6 am :)

So my meal plan next week is:

Sunday: Cedar plank salmon with corn and veg (trying to cut down on the starch, so no baked potato)
Monday: Lunch - Leftovers; Dinner - greek salad
Tuesday: Lunch - greek salad with some type of protein; Dinner - roasted red pepper and basil pesto angel hair pasta
Wednesday: Lunch - leftovers; Dinner - Subway roasted chicken sub
Thursday: Lunch - not 100% sure, as I won't be cooking the night before; Dinner - tuna casserole
Friday: Lunch - leftovers; Dinner - margherita pizza

Good thing I like leftovers, lol. With the right portion sizes and proper planning, I think it will work. Just need to buy the groceries for it. I always seem to run out of time on the weekend...*sigh* there never seems to be enough time, does there?

On the bf front, all is well :) Just waiting for him to come home so we can go out for our dinner and a movie date :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment